• The application window for Spring of 2018 has now closed.
• Applications for funding that will begin with Summer 2018 courses will now be accepted through May 1. Applications submitted after the closure will be considered for Fall 2018.
• The application window for funding that will begin with Fall 2018 courses will close on August 1.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Graduate Math/STEM Candidates:
- Admitted to Fresno Pacific University’s Graduate Math or STEM Education Program
- Completion of BTSA or Induction Program
- An interest in reading and conducting research on how children “come to know” mathematics or science.
Expectations of an AIMS Scholar – over and above the basic program:
- Continuous enrollment, meeting FPUs criteria for good standing (no academic probation, passing all courses with a B or better, etc.), is required through completion of your program. Withdrawal from FPU for any reason cancels your eligibility. Should you re-apply to FPU in the future, you may also re-apply for the AIMS Scholar program as well.
- AIMS will support a maximum of 33 graduate units / 34 credential units through this program.
- Attend a minimum of eight (8) AIMS Center Colloquia during the 2016-17 year, potentially with required reading expected prior to each event. Colloquia are scheduled on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month, beginning August 22, 2016.
- Willingness to give back to the AIMS Scholars program by providing future Colloquium presentations after graduation
- Allow the AIMS Center to use your image and story on their website and on promotional materials (a release to sign will be provided upon acceptance into the program)
Before you begin your application please note that the final question on the application will require an essay based on one of three selected articles. You will not be able to leave the application once you begin, so it is recommended that you complete your essay before beginning the application and be prepared simply to copy and paste your response into the application. Please follow theses steps:
1. After choosing one of the three articles provided below, please write a response to the article relating the ideas/concepts/findings in the article to your own classroom experience.
Please note that minimum qualifications do not automatically qualify candidate for acceptance into the AIMS Scholars Program, as the applicant pool varies from year to year. Online application and a subsequent interview are required for consideration.